Thursday, November 16, 2006

A helping hand

I came across a TV advertisement on World Vision Malaysia few months back on their child sponsorship programme. So I checked them out on the web and found out that they are actually a global Christian relief and development organization working for the well being of all people, especially children. Funds are obtained via several channels and one of them is the Child Sponsorship Programme.

After reading what they do, I’ve decided to sign up as a child sponsor by paying RM50 per month. I know it’s not a lot but my hope is that the child I sponsored will have a better future ahead of her.

Once you signed up as a child sponsor, they will allocate a child to you and provide you with all the necessary information. The child allocated to me is from Myanmar and her name is Smile Chit Su. She is 8 years old. Below is a letter written by her brother on her behalf in Myanmar language and the English-translated letter by World Vision in Bangkok.



Please check out the website and consider being a sponsor. I hope that everybody will lend a helping hand in a small way to make this world a better place to live.

GOD BLESS EVERYONE!

No comments: