Monday, February 12, 2007

What is fashion?


Spring 2007 collection by Viktor & Rolf

Who determines what type of fashion is the most trendy and what clothes to wear for each season? Those so called designer who present their out of this world collection @ each fashion show wore by those size-0 skinny anorexia models? Did you ever notice that they are not wearing the dress but more like a hanger to the dress itself?

As the Chinese New Year is fast approaching, I’m also sort of doing a fast last minute shopping. Last weekend went to search for a decent CNY clothes but with no luck! I don’t know. Nowadays, I find it’s so difficult to buy clothes.


Sizes are often too small ... only fit for those teenagers or a size-0 women. The clothes manufacturer obviously don't realize that real women have curves (i.e. breast and bum) and not flat like a washing board! Most of the clothes are too tight you practically have to carry an oxygen tank to breath! And the problem with most people is that they will just buy anything on the rack as long as everybody is wearing it. Follow the trend rite? Bullshit! You have to wear the dress not the dress wear you!

I was walking past a shop in Sg Wang last weekend when I saw a nice white shirt on a mannequin. Guess what? Its so small and tight that the shirt can't even be buttoned up on the mannequin! How fashionable is that?


Lousy design with the unnecessary pattern in the wrong place!


Higher end brands, e.g. Gucci, Dior, Channel have variety of sizes but I don't can even afford the sleeve let alone the whole dress! How to buy?


Cheap low quality materials made in some small factory in some ulu place but charge high price.


Yes wearing a 4 inch high heel shoe is sexy to the feet but try walking in a shopping mall for half a day. You will feel like wearing the twin towers on your feet! I did not buy casual shoe for the past 8 months except for my Nike running shoe back in December, just can't find any to my liking.

Call me out of fashioned but do they made any comfortable yet stylish clothes/shoes in KL anymore? Now I know why people keep going back to Hong Kong for shopping. Probably I have to source my clothing from traveling overseas ... but I'll discover the joy of buying clothes again instead of frustration and disappointment every time :(


Spring 2006 collection by Hong Kong brand veeko


Autumn 2006 collection by veeko


Autumn 2006 collection by wanko

2 comments:

Precious Pea said...

Are you going to HK for the sale this year then?

Live2Talk said...

Precious Pea,
Erm that have to depends on whether my friends can join me or not. If not then have to see if my sister have a chance to go HK for training and I'll join her. If both also no, then I'll follow you loh :D