Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Cooking pasta

Ok I'm suppose to try on different recipe each month so that by end of 2007, I've at least one of my resolutions achieved.

In January, I tried cooking yam rice and it turned out not what I expected. Still have a lot of room for improvements. In February, I used Chinese New Year as my lame excuse and I skipped one month. Then with a blink of an eye, came March. Err I still have not figured out which recipe to try although my food expert colleagues did give me some idea. So I used up the whole of March to decide on the recipe and I have 2 dishes to accomplish if I want to make up for the numbers.

Anyway, in April I decided to cooked rendang chicken. Recipe courtesy of my Malay colleague who is an expert in all the rendang dishes. I asked her to buy me the ingredients but she blended everything for me. So I just fried those ingredients, add coconut milk and put in the chicken with the kerisik and that's how I did my rendang chicken. I took the pictures with my handphone but before I managed to transfer the photos, my handphone was infected with virus and I've to sent in for repair. All data gone. So no photos to show.

But I still lack of 2 dishes and now is already May. So I need to buck up and decided to cook pasta with mushroom sauce. I used the San Remo Fettuccine pasta, Campbell's creamy chicken & mushrooms condensed soup, button mushrooms, turkey breast ham and asparagus as side vegetables.


The ingredients


I used butter to fried the garlics and mushrooms until fragrant


Pour in the condensed soup and stir slowly


The result

The pasta is too thick, did not absorb the sauce too well. Taste of the sauce is ok but next time I'll add more mushrooms and I'll buy the thinner type of Fettuccine. Perhaps I'll try seafood sauce the next round.

Cooking really needs creativity and patience if you want to experience different type of dishes. It's not about dumping everything into a pot and let it cook by itself. I still have a long way to learn.

4 comments:

Precious Pea said...

Next time try tomato based for thick pasta so that it won't be too jelak. Why never bring for us to try?

Live2Talk said...

PP,
Err u want to try overnite pasta ah? I don't think so ... anyway next dish la :|

Precious Pea said...

I do know 1 dish where you dump everything into a pot and let it cook by itself. You wanna know what? Your beloved SOUP!!! LOL!!

Live2Talk said...

Ya rite! I almost forgot that one thanks for the reminder :O