Sunday, May 06, 2007

Trying vegetarian

To be a vegetarian, you need to have a very strong determination. You cannot let anyone or any dish to distract you once you have made the decision. I admired those who did it. But I despise those who claimed to be a vegetarian but keep on eating mock chicken, mock duck, mock fish and mock everything made out of flour! And their main reason of being a vegetarian is because they don't want to 'kill' to eat! Come to think of it, their mind still want to taste that chicken and fish? Where's the logic?

Anyway, a healthy vegetarian dish should consists of vegetables, tofu, beans, mushrooms and other natural ingredients. It can be very tasty and delicious.I tried to cook a vegetarian dish today. It's my own creation of vegetarian fried rice.

Ingredients:
Potato
Button mushrooms
Red and Yellow capsicum
Onions
Egg
Rice


The ingredients


Cut the potato into cubes and fried, put aside


Stir fried the sliced button mushrooms, put aside


Fried the onions and the capsicum in cubes until fragrant, add salt


Add in the potato and mushrooms


The rice and egg come last and some soya sauce as final touches


The dish

The taste is not bad considering I've not done this dish before and from my own non-existing recipe. I hope I can come out with different vegetarian dish in the future. Who knows? I might try to be a vegetarian but only for health purposes. But then again, it will take a long time for me to completely let go off all my favorite meat dishes :( For now, this is just the beginning.

2 comments:

Precious Pea said...

Waaahh.....don't you feel yourself so healthy eating this meal? Hahahaha...clap clap clap...so this dish came out perfect compared to other dishes where you burnt your hand/neck, uncooked rice, jelak fettucine...hahahahaha! Bravo!

Live2Talk said...

PP,
Ya once a while go vegetarian ok lah :D On the cooking part if still no improvement then can 'sau thong' already but thanks to cooking & food expert like PP, I can at least get some err influence :P