Sunday, October 07, 2007

East Meets West

I wanted to try something new for the October mission (although it's nothing new in the world of cuisine but to me, it's still a never-before-attempt). Spaghetti cook in oriental style.



Ingredients:
Linguine 10
Chicken fillet (to be marinated with soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil and pepper)
Shitake mushrooms
Asparagus
Red capsicum
Garlic & onions
Soy sauce
Oyster sauce

Method:
Cook the linguine until the required texture is achieved (about 9 minutes). Remove, rinse in cold water, drain and set aside.


Heat the wok and add in the onions and sliced garlic. Stir-fry until fragrant and put in the chicken fillet. Stir well for 1 minute.


Add in the mushrooms and asparagus, and continue to stir-fry for 1 minute.


Add the linguine and capsicum, splash in some soy sauce and oyster sauce to taste and stir-fry evenly.


Well ... the taste not bad at all. I think I can cook this for the next family gathering.

4 comments:

Precious Pea said...

Cook for office gathering also can ;)

Live2Talk said...

Err ... aiyoh malu la :) all the makan sifus will sure comment one

Anonymous said...

I hope that part on "cook for next family gathering" is not just wishful thinking on our side...when is the big day? I will drop by with my entire family in tow....

Live2Talk said...

YP: U organize a pot luck @ ur place la then i can bring the food and my sister can cook something also ... when ah?