Thursday, January 03, 2008

Resolutions ... again


Before I start on my new list, let's to take a look @ my 2007 resolutions and the results ...

#1: To attend church service more regularly [ mission failed ]
I failed terribly @ this. No excuse!

#2: To resume my savings plan [ mission failed ]
I tried so hard to save in the first few months (I really tried ...) but something always comes up unexpectedly and I end up using most of my savings ... enough said.

#3: To start back on my exercise regime [ mission failed ]
The fats are still there @ all the wrong places! Maybe I should change my name to 'Lazy'!

#4: To start eating healthy food [ mission accomplished ]
I've opt for lighter portion @ every meal and vegetables has become my new meal buddies.

#5: To avoid junk foods [ mission partly accomplished ]
Compare to 2006, I've cut down a lot on the junk foods. But occasionally I'll eat 1/2 a packet of that Cheezels to satisfy my taste bud and gave the other 1/2 packet away!

#6: To learn a new recipe every month [ mission accomplished ]


Cooking is hard work! Blogging about the cooking is harder! You need to think of a recipe and buy all the ingredients. Once you bought the ingredients, you need to shot a photo as evidence. Then you need to prepare the cutting, slicing and whatever ... then take a shot. Then you have to start cooking and you need to take another shot ... then have to put on a nice plate and take the final photo! Then you need to upload all the evidence and blog about it!

On top of all these, there are folks out there who keep on reminding you what's cooking this month and stuff! The end result is not always up to standard but there are some successful attempt i.e. my fav loh mai kai (chicken glutinous rice). So I've decided not to resolute on any culinary attempt in 2008 ... I'll cook whenever I feel like it! Period.


#7: To stop grumbling so much [ mission partly accomplished ]
I've adopted a new attitude ... no grumbling unless it's absolutely necessary!

#8: To smarten my driving skill [ mission accomplished ]
I'll never going to make history and be the first F1 woman driver but still, I've learned a few tricks and rules on the road by observing how others drive and my own encounter!



And now for the 2008 Resolutions ...

1) To pay off my credit card balance and spend less


2) To lose 10 kg


3) To reduce on my meat intake


4) To learn a new skill


5) To send my parents to China for a holiday


6) To go for an overdue holiday with my best friends


7) To read more books


8) To keep my current mobile phone (Sony Ericsson S500i) until 2009!


"The first step to getting what you want out of life is this: Decide what you want" - Ben Stein

2 comments:

Precious Pea said...

Clap clap clap..not bad! At least you have 12 nice dishes to display. Don't give up! Your loh mai kai is FANTASTIC ok! And am waiting for the lotus wrapped sticky rice. May I ask, where to apply for the Hello Kitty Visa!?! Cool leh!! And also what new skill you going to acquired? I got a suggestion, no need to waste a single sen, just ask your dad to teach you chinese instrument!!

Live2Talk said...

PP: Err thanks for the compliment ... as for the lotus wrapped rice i need to find a pond with lotus leave only then i can cook la ;P

If I ask my dad to teach, then both of us can perform as 'twins':D

The Hello Kitty visa is only applicable for US citizen bcos it's issued by Bank of America :(