Tuesday, January 01, 2008

The Year 2007

2007 has come and gone. It also closes another chapter on my life and here are some of the highlights ...

Charity

I've sponsored another child thru the World Vision program and hopefully I can influence my family and friends to do the same.


Thanks to my cousin sister, I've participated in the EduCare 2007 project organized by Sri Jayanti Association in Sentul. I'm not a Buddhist but that doesn't mean that I cannot contribute my time and effort to help. The objective of this program is to help 5000 needy students/orphanage with regardless of race and religion to provide them with school bags, shoes, uniforms and other essentials.

Career

Had some pretty rough time @ work in the beginning with the change of managers but I've soon adapted to the situation and now getting along with the new fella. I guessed we need to compromise and understand that different managers have different personality and management style.

Family News

My cousin sister finally wed her Spiderman few days ago and I'm glad to be able to witness her happy moments. Congratulations again and may you have a blissful marriage, my dear sis and bro-in-law. I do believe Happily Ever After do happen in modern times.

Friendship

I'm blessed to have friends who stand by me when I'm going thru some pretty tough times in 2007. My life will not be the same without these God sent 'angels'.

And thanks to modern technology, MSN and facebook allows me to keep in touch with existing buddies and new friends.

Holidays / Travel

Unlike some lucky people, I can't afford to go to 5 destinations in a year (even with AirAsia's package), then the only hope is to save for @ least one trip with my family. This year, my, my sister and cousin sister went to Bangkok for a shopping spree and to take a break from all the hassle @ work. Hmm ... I miss Bangkok :)

Fun & Entertainment

I attended some of the best concerts in 2007. One of them is of coz my fav idol, Sammi Cheng. My fav concert so far and I hope to watch her in action @ the Hong Kong Coliseum for the next gig. Sammi Cheng rocks!

Personal Growth

Finally I understand that everything happens for a reason. Believe that God has His plans for all of us. I've made some wrong choices but I'll learn from my mistakes. I'll let Him guide me to my destiny.


Happy New Year folks. May 2008 brings you new challenges and excitement ahead.

4 comments:

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

happy new year, and may you be able to have more holidays then ur dear frens who has been having tons of Air Asia holidays!

Live2Talk said...

Joe: Yea ... some ppl are just so lucky :) happy new year to urself as well

Precious Pea said...

AHEM!!!! I CAN FEEL FINGERS POINTING AT ME!!! Hehehe!

Live2Talk said...

PP: err it's a blessing my dear, lucky lucky u :)