Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Match-Maker Wannabe



The following phone conversation took place yesterday between me and my dearly cousin sister:

Cousin: I've a Facebook friend who wanted to do something with you ...

Me: Huh ??? Who is this dude? And do what? -.-
Cousin: Err he's desperately looking for a gf and I sort of recommended you to him ...
Me: What? Tell me you are just joking ...
Cousin: He he ...
Me: Do you know this dude personally or only thru FB?
Cousin: Err only thru FB la ...
Me: So you know nuts about this fella? His character and all?
Cousin: Err no ...
Me: Do you at least know his age?
Cousin: Nope ...
Me: Duh! You don't even know that dude and you've got guts to do something like this!!
Cousin: Err ... ok lets forget about him but I've another guy to introduce ...
Me: Why all this matchmaking? What are you getting out of this huh?
Cousin: Aiyah ... if jadi then ang pow for me la ...
Me: *lost of words*
Cousin: So are you in or not?
Me: Tell me about him ...
Cousin: He's my school mate. He has 2 cars and 2 properties. He lives in Bangsar. He's into insurance biz.
Me: What car is he driving?
Cousin: Toyota Avanza
Me: That's a 7-seater ... and it's a boring car for boring men!
Cousin: Aiseh ... dia suka mah but he has another car ...
Me: Which is?
Cousin: Kelisa which he bought for the ex-Gf one ...
Me: Ya big deal!
Cousin: (hard sell) But he has 2 houses leh ....
Me: So???
Cousin: Err can I arrange something?
Me: What does he looks like?
Cousin: He's taller than me ...
Me: I'm also taller than you, in fact most people are taller than you ... resemble any celebrity?
Cousin: Err ... actually he does ...


Me: Leng chai Andy Lau?
Cousin: In your dreams la babe ...


Me: Cute Daniel Wu?
Cousin: Not really ...


Me: Ok how bout Orlando Bloom?
Cousin: Siapa tu? Tak kenal la ...

Me: So which celebrity does he looks like?
Cousin: Picture Eric Tsang!

Me: (my hopes crashing down) Huh!!! Eric Tsang??? Do I look that desperate to you! You got some nerve la ... Eric Tsang! My gawd! I can't believe it ... that means he's round and short? What are you getting out of all these ah?
Cousin: No no no ... but I thought I can help my friend only! But I think he's 5'4".
Me: I'm already 5'4"! Oh my gawd! So what are you suggesting?
Cousin: I'm not sure but he just treated me to dinner last week so it's very awkward to ask him out again ...
Me: And ...
Cousin: And his birthday is coming in May, perhaps I can treat him to dinner and sort of arrange for a "coincident"... err do you have any ideas?
Me: You are asking me for ideas?? *scratch head*
Cousin: Ya because that head of yours always have lots of ideas so maybe you can contribute some to me la ...
Me: Are you serious?
Cousin: Of coz ... so are you interested?
Me: Err not really on the dating side but I'm more interested to see how this 'Eric Tsang' of yours resemble the real Eric Tsang *wicked laugh*
Cousin: So mean ...

Note: Conversation didn't end here but for now ... this is all ;)

3 comments:

Precious Pea said...

Hahaha....go la....got another friend also good. 7-seater...one car can drive us all go makan makan oledi.

Live2Talk said...

*gulp* err apparently he holds very tightly to his finances :(

Precious Pea said...

But since he is willing to get a kelisa for his ex, it doesn't sound that bad ma. But do go and see how 'eric tsang' he is. Hehe.