Monday, August 04, 2008

1st Attempt ...

I was invited to 'contribute' my limited cooking skill for a farewell pot luck dinner @ my cousin's place yesterday. Everyone brings their own share of food, that's what I thought.

And then I was literally 'put on the table' for having to cook on behalf of my sister, who left behind her cooking skill in Sydney during her struggle to survived uni years and another cousin sister, who only knows how to boil some broccoli for breakfast (ya you heard me rite). Now, I have 3 dishes to cook instead of 1.

I've wanted to try the 'Roast Duck Spaghetti', inspiration and recipe from Precious Pea (who is also my unofficial food consultant) since the day I tried it @ her house. Thanks babe for allowing me to use it ;P


It's a pretty easy recipe. But to cook for 18 people, the lazy me was juggling with chopsticks in one hand and spatula on the other, wanting to cook the whole thing in one wok one go. Phew, it's hard work man.

The taste is good and not oily (because of that darn expensive extra virgin olive oil, next time I'll go for the virgin only) and got thumbs up from everyone for this 1st (and probably will be more) attempt :D

As for the other 2 lame dishes, I made mini sausages skewers and fruity jelly ... err easy ma :)

4 comments:

Precious Pea said...

Clap clap clap. Since now you can cook for 18 pax..no problem for inviting us over to your place for lunch?

Live2Talk said...

PP: Thanks for the recipe :D Lunch @ my place? With a bunch of food critics? Err sure sure ... no problem (I think).

HairyBerry said...

food critics? what food critics? *bringing out the spatula*...haha!

nice job there!

Live2Talk said...

Nic: Err not critics but food expert la like yourself and PP ;P Thanks for the compliment.