Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Intriguing ... totally!


An intriguing conversation took place this afternoon in a cab on the way back to my office.

Driver: Please put on your seatbelt.
Me: Ok (most of the cab driver don't buckle up themselves and you think they give a damn about your safety)

*we were having typical boring-where-you-work-kind-of-chat when suddenly he commented*

Driver:
I just don't understand why chinese girls are after other races especially the M community, I don't know what are they thinking!
*he sounded quite piss here*
Me: Er maybe there is a lack of available chinese men around ...
Driver: I'm single!
Me: Right!
Driver: I left my wife 5 years ago.
Me: Er why?
Driver: Because she was unfaithful.
Me: Any children from the marriage?
Driver: I have 3 children, all grown up and they are ok with it. Do you know the emotional turmoil you have to go through ah?
Me: But there are a lot of people who stay on for the sake of staying on even if the marriage fails.
Driver: Actually I prefer to stay single all my life but the cat came and scratch at my door! Why the cat must scratched my door?
Me: Er maybe the cat like the look of your door? *me trying to catch up here*
Driver: Hahaha but i tell you ah the emotion disturbance is crazy ... oh shit ... shit!
Me: Now you have left the cat mah ...
Driver: No no no ... this is another cat! You don't get me do you?
Me: *scratching my head now* You mean this is not the cat you left 5 years ago?
Driver: No, this is another cat, not the cat I left ... and before this cat come scratching, also few more cats but I rejected all.
Me: So what makes this particular cat so special you accepted her?
Driver: Because she came scratching at my door! Now I'm in emotional high and low because of this cat! Shit la!
Me: *trying to search for the un-shitty words here* If you don't mind I ask, how old are you?
Driver: I'm 66 and talking to a young girl about my emotional turmoil ... hahaha!
Me: Well ... it's a sharing experience and everything happens for a reason.
Driver: Ya I believe so and I tell you ah, I'm a very religious person. Are you a Christian?
Me: Yes.
Driver: Maybe I'm destined to save this cat lah ... she has lot of problem la, so I think I need to save her soul.
Me: Good for you.
Driver: I tell you ah ... never question God. If the cat is what He sents then just accept it. I asked God you know ... why this cat come scratching at my door. If you follow what He asked to do, then you will get something good in return. Last time my hair used to be all white now it's slowly turning black ... see it?

*he took off his cap and showed me the thinning white hair with new hair growth beneath*

Me: So now from the back you will look like 56?
Driver: No, not 56 but it's 35! I negotiated with God. *I don't know you can do that!* I know you don't believe me but it's the truth.

*okay this chinese uncle who speaks excellent english is really stretching his luck with God me thinks*

Driver: God even told me that I'm going to have twins with this cat!
Me: *at 66 years old?* Right!

*by this time, I've reached office so end of conversation*


So I guess no matter whether you are 16 or 66, when a cat come scratching at your door, there is no escape :)

2 comments:

Precious Pea said...

I usually use my garden hose to spray water on scratching cats lor. LOL! Arff arff!!

Live2Talk said...

PP: Aiseh so mean meh :)