Saturday, July 18, 2009

Goodbye Precious Pea ... till we meet again


Precious Pea left for Melbourne yesterday afternoon to fulfill her PR duty for 2 years.

Our relationship started as normal colleague when she joined my ex-company in 2002. She is the quiet girl who sat besides me in our partitioned pigeon space with zero degree of separation. Eventually we grow to became close friends when we discovered our common 'interests' (psst, you know what right?) ;P

She encouraged me to start my own blog and suggested the name 'Live2Talk'.

She invited me along to choose her wedding gown. I witnessed how she endured the protein diet and exercise to fit into that wedding dress she desired (it's a torturous process for someone who is so passionate about food). She looks like a million bucks (just like any other bride) in the gown, not because of the smaller body size but of the glow of happiness on her face.


Our first trip together was in 2003 when we both went to Hong Kong for the first time. We LOL when our accommodation, the Dorsett Seaview Hotel located at Kowloon Yaumatei is so tiny that the TV is hanging from the ceiling! When we opened the blinds, the only view is rooftop and no sea anywhere even with a binocular! We shopped, dined and walked from sunrise to way past sunset until our feet smells like the famous snack stinky tofu 臭豆腐 when we removed our shoes! What fun it was!


She introduced me to the world of food. Crabs especially. I learned how to make glutinous rice with chicken from her and also many more recipes which she generously shared with me. That's how I discovered the creative side of her cooking.


Many years back while I was at her sister's place in Melbourne, she told me in tears over the phone that her first dog, a white spitz name Samuel ran off from home and she has been frantically searching for him at the neighborhood without any trace. I can feel how devastated she was at that time.

I've heard unlimited times how she wanted to buy that husky, chow-chow, shar pei, miniature schnauzer every time she saw those breeds on sale. But Papa Wong will not allow it and her hope will be smashed until she saw another breed on sale.

Pea is a gem she discovered with a good deal and he has always been special to her even after Pumpkin came along. I went with her to picked up little cute puppy Pumpkin from the pet shop without realizing he will turn into a naughty brad when he grows older :) Leaving the boys behind is hard and tears drenching for her but she has to bear the pain for now until the 'family reunion' later (be strong sweetie).


Together we shared many memorable moments and we will continue our friendship through MSN, fb, emails for now.

I'll miss you my dear friend and till we meet again, I wish you all the best in your new journey.

6 comments:

Kavi said...

Nic...such a lovely note from you to our dear fren Ivy....yup true the partitioned pigeon space brings back lots of memory that i too will cherish forever...

It was so hard seeing her leaving her lovely boys but as you said she has to bear this pain for her colourful future coming on the way...

I.m gonna miss her a lot but our friendship will live forever...

Live2Talk said...

Kavi: That's the least i can do for now and I'll cherish every moment our friendship brings.

Reanaclaire said...

sorry to intrude..couldn't help reading your post and it reminds me that best frens are hard to come by.. I too have a "bestest" lady fren who stands by me thru happiness and sorrows.. if i were to write about her, it might take the whole homepage..haha... anyway, i owe her something..she has been pestering me to write a poem about her, a poem which I been procrastinating for almost a year..
anyway, just to say..some friendships are like gold..they never grow old...

have a nice weekend!

Live2Talk said...

reanaclaire: thanks for your comment and don't worry, you are definitely not intruding :) write that poem, i'm sure you'll do a good job.

Precious Pea said...

Oh dear....only now I hop over to your blog to do some catching up over your old posts and I was really surprised to see you have dedicated a special post to me. This is so sweet...thank you. Really brings back fond memories and you know what? The time when we were seated at the pigeon hole was the BEST time in my working life in MXXXi. Thank you my dear friend, you will always have a special place in my heart too and I know for sure, we will be friends forever.

Live2Talk said...

PP: It's never too late my dear friend ... that pigeon hole was the best time :)