Thursday, July 30, 2009

You Want This Job?



A HR manager from a company which build the biggest shopping mall in town called me up offering a job. I went for the interview last year and instead of offering me the position I was interested in, she hard sell me another job. This afternoon she called again offering the same job. What kind of job?

HR: You came for the interview last year and I'm calling to see if you are interested in a job.
Me: What kind of job?
HR: Are you still single or married?
Me: I'm single.
HR: Are you happy in your current job?
Me: Not really.
HR: This job is actually a personal assistant job, er well not exactly personal assistant but your job is to assist our deputy chairman, Datin XXX in preparing all the documents and accompany her to overseas trip.

* sound glamorous eh? can go traveling ... let's see*

Me: Right ...
HR: Basically you need to standby at any hour of the day, get her things done immediately because she cannot tolerate any slackness, you need to prepare presentations, reports and must write very well. Are you good in computer?
Me: I know how to use the PC.
HR: Datin requires her assistant to work even during weekends if she needs to get things done. You cannot say it's a Sunday and you need to rest. She can't take it.
Me: So how often do I require to travel with her?
HR: She doesn't always need you. But once you are traveling with her, you need to pack her luggage and arrange all the necessary travel documents. You have to accompany her to attend all meetings and tend to her every needs.
Me: Right!
HR: So is this the job you want?
Me: NO!
HR: Oh ... then I guess it's ok.
Me: Anyway, thanks for calling.
HR: Okay bye.
Me: Bye (I seriously wanted to ask if she would take up the job if she is me)

From my previous interview, she mentioned to me that this Datin failed to hire any personal assistant since the last one left to get married. Apparently she has some medical problems and needs to go to US for check up. The assistant needs to accompany her to the hospital, get her medicine, stocked-up the fridge (as she has a house in US) and just be the stand-by maid for 24/7 and sometimes might need to do cooking. This assistant do not have any permanent desk or office anywhere. The pay? Fantastically LOW!

I don't like my job but I'm NOT that desperate -.-

Now, who wants this job? I can give you the number to the HR manager who is having a hard time finding the PhD qualified-computer programmer-hardworking like an indon maid type of super assistant who she hopes will not get married for life!

No comments: