Sunday, July 15, 2007

My Soupy Life

Every Chinese mom have to know one important dish in their life ... SOUP! This is some sort of culture passed down from the grandma to the mom to the daughter. Soup is not an appetizer. It's one of the 'must' dish for the Chinese.

You don't need to have excellent cooking skill to boil soup. Just buy the necessary ingredients and dump everything in a pot and let it boil for 4 - 5 hours. Astro once showed a programme on boiling chinese soups which I never heard before ... impressive!

My mom loves to boil soup. It starts every Monday and alternate days after that. At least 3x a week.

The normal ones ...


Lotus soup (lin ngau thong)


Watercress soup (sai yong choy thong)


Chinese Herbal soup (yok choy thong)


Carrot soup

The occasionally treats ...

Arrowroot soup (fern kot thong)


Dried vege soup (choy kon thong)


Salted vege and tofu soup (harm choy tau foo thong) - this is my favorite

If anyone want a taste of my mom's soup, just let me know and I'm happy to pack for you.

3 comments:

Precious Pea said...

San Joi Fuk Chung But Ji Fook (I want i want, tar bau for me)

Live2Talk said...

Ok ok no problem ... which one is ur favorite?

Anonymous said...

mm! hum choy soup. it's one of the most delicious soups on earth