Thursday, July 17, 2008

Cinema, cinema, cinema


I was watching 'Hancock' last week at GSC Mid Valley and when all the lights are dimmed, this funny couple who was seated few rows in front of me started to take pictures of themselves using a mobile phone! Are they trying to show off that their mobile phone can take pic in pitch darkness? How duh is that?


Anyway, I'm sure we all had our share of bad experiences in the cinema. Here are some which really get on my nerves ...


They are the 'show-off'. They announced to the whole world that they are a busy busy man and yet can allocate 2 hours to watch a movie. But mind you, they are really busy so they need to answer to that phone call immediately and shout on top of their lungs when Angelina Jolie is running on top of a moving train! Can I shove the phone down his throat, no?


They are the 'narrator' from the start to the end of the movie. What is more annoying than having someone seated behind you keep on explaining about the scene which took place? "Oh did you see that?" No, moron, I paid RM12 to look at the ceiling!


But when you think the 'narrator' behind is hell sent, that's when you realize horror just strike because their cousin, namely the 'spoiler' is seated next to you! It is so obvious that this is the 2nd time they are watching the movie and simply can't wait to pour out the storyline 2 seconds before each scene! Now ... tell me, if you don't want to kick his ass ... I'll tabik (salute) you :(


They are the 'striker'. They will 'extend' their leg until it touches your seat and ... they will start kicking the back of your chair. I don't have a back problem so I don't need a 'human massage chair'. Can I just grab their drink and pour on top of their brainless head!


They are the 'loving parents' who spend quality time with their kids. By bringing them to cinema and in return, these rascals terrorist us by kicking our seat, jump from mommy's lap to daddy's chest and asking every second "Daddy daddy, why the panda cannot jump ah?" or "Mommy mommy, I want popcorn I want popcorn?" Excuse me, can you just shut your kids up ah?


They are the 'cinema-make-out-couple'. There was one time when I was seated 2 chairs away from this couple and half way through the movie, the fella's head is on the lap of his girlfriend! His head is back to the original position after couple of minutes and then back again to the 'comfort zone'. Maybe next time, I'll use my mobile torchlight on their faces with this statement: "Encik tunjuk MyKad" (Mr, produce your identity card).


They are the 'talking cow' (never my intention to insult a cow here). They will crunch their popcorns and yak at the same time throughout the movie! Hey jerk, this is a cinema not kopitiam la!


They are the 'debater' because they need to debate 500 years before deciding between a cola and milkshake. I know there are no cure for stupidity (you have my pity here) but come on la, I just need to buy a bottle of mineral water.


At this age of time, I still can't believe there are so many idiots out there who thinks that the cinema belongs to their grandfather!

I just want to enjoy the movie in peace. Is that so difficult?

4 comments:

HairyBerry said...

you post really made me laugh this morning lar.

so true lah. some people are just plain annoying...haha!

Live2Talk said...

Nic: Ya and there are tons of them out there with no respect of others. I heard from a friend that Singaporeans don't do this kind of stuff. Is it true?

HairyBerry said...

errr, i think depends on individuals lar...there are good and bad people everywhere...i'm under the semi-bad zone...hehehe

Live2Talk said...

Nic: That's true ... don't go semi-nude (opps) err semi-bad ah when you are under that zone ;P