Friday, July 25, 2008

Life in the Single Lane



Friend: How's your love life?
Me: Err ... like a piece of white art paper patiently waiting for the right artist to create a masterpiece.
Friend: What do you mean?
Me: There is nobody at this moment of time la.
Friend: Ok ... but you should go and get a man quick.
Me: -.- Err what's the rush? I'm enjoying my life now.
Friend: Huh? What's so good being single? You cannot do couple stuff. Look at me, I'm so happy, so I want you to be happy also
Me: But I'm happy. Everybody has the right to choose their own lifestyles and for now I'm comfortable being single until the right dude shows up, hold my hand and run towards the sunset.
Friend: But ...
Me: What do you want me to do huh? Go out in the street and grab the nearest man and said "
hey you look like my kinda of guy, are you gay or hitched? If not, should we give it a shot?". Duh!
Friend: Err ...
Me: Ya, shut up!



Why do some shallow people thinks that being single is miserable? How about family members, friends, career, faith and etc? Don't they matter anymore?

I've friends who keeps bugging me about finding a boyfriend or go after who and who (even when one of them look like a character in the 'Pirates of the Caribbean' and he's definitely no Orlando Bloom or Johnny Deep). You can have him, thank you very much!

Life is just not about finding your soul mate. Of course I'll love him dearly when he shows up but right now, my life in the single lane is really comfortable. Come, hop in and let me show you the 'scenery' ...


I can eat out/yum cha after work, weekends with friends who can really whack food, any kind of food. But of course, if the treat is on me, they will be standing in line ;P


If I need to watch a movie in a cinema, I've a buddy who is willing to be my movie date. And the best part is ... he paid for meals. Now, isn't he a sweetie :)


I go for holidays with my sister, cousins and friends when we need to de-stress from our daily routine. From shopping in Hong Kong to savoring Tom Yam in Bangkok, it's always a blasting time for us.


Shopping is fun when I have a bunch of cool friends who take my fashion sense seriously. After the retail therapy, we will sit down, yak and laugh. For hours. And scan the hunk (literally from head to toe) seated 3 feet away from our table. Who cares when the GF is besides him looking at her manicure or the BF is rubbing his thigh against him? He is still a feast for the eyes :D


I contribute my time to charity and voluntary work. The last one I did was to volunteered at the World Vision booth at the 'Family Showcase Exhibition'. What's more worthwhile than being able to give back to society in whatever means we can.


Spending quality time with my old folks is one way to keep them from 'pissing off with each other'. My dad love to express his opinions but unfortunately my mom will not tolerate his yakking so he turns to me. He talks about everything under the sky, from political chaos in the country (i.e. analysis who is the '無間道' in the someone's behind got screwed drama) to how Tony Leung & Carina Lau chose Bhutan for their wedding ceremony or why Beethoven wrote Symphony 9 (my dad plays Chinese classical music) or criticize some young chap trying to mimic Jay Chou in a singing competition (oh yes, I inherited the criticism DNA from him). My pop is a funny old man who talks too much sometimes.


Blogging keeps my time occupied. To capture the right shot or search for the appropriate picture and to come up with an entry is really no easy task. When the inspiration is not there ... you just can't seem to write anything. Sometimes I can take weeks to complete an entry before posting it up.


Thanks to site like Facebook, I found my high school friends and we rekindle our friendship after all these years. I also get to meet some awesome friends in Facebook and stumbled on some weird names (what kind of name is Tissuepaper Lam? No, she is not yet my friend).


When I don't feel like going out and join the crowds, I spend my weekends catching up on my sleep, watch DVDs or finish a book. Relaxing and comfortable.

To all my single friends out there, if you have someone telling you that your life sucks because you are not somebody's other half, just tell them to get that empty head of theirs examine and get a life before it's too late!


To love, as if you have never been hurt before;
To sing, as if nobody is listening;
To dance, as if nobody is noticing;
To live, as if today is the final day on earth


4 comments:

Precious Pea said...

Tissuepaper Lam?? LOL!!

Chill girl chill!

Live2Talk said...

PP: Chilling ... breath in ... breath out. Think I might need to go up some mountain and pay my Sifu a visit to get some fresh air :)

Precious Pea said...

Fei Ngor San or Ngor Mei San?? Or go Futt San to learn Mou Ying Keok.

Live2Talk said...

PP: Fei Ngor San is for couples to enjoy the HK nite view. Futt San is for Jet Li wannabe. I think Ngor Mei San is the perfect choice :D