Saturday, September 06, 2008

Who Wants A Ride?

I've never been to Japan but I'm going to visit her one day, that's for sure even if I've to starve myself a year to save the $$$. You can find the most freaking awesome stuff in Japan.




This is Omoden (Toy Train) designed by a dude name Eiji Mitooka. It runs on the a 14.3 km Kishigawa line on a daily basis in Japan. It was created as a child-friendly public transport and equipped with hundred of toys, TVs, capsule toy machines and much more :)






Another beauty by Mitooka is the Ichigo Ec (Strawberry Train), which runs on the same Kishigawa line. This train is also bestowed with kitchen, TV screens showing cartoons, clean wooden flooring and cots for younger children.


But the coolest thing is a calico cat name Tama ^_^ who has been officially appointed as the station master at Kinokawa railway station, Wakayama Prefecture, Japan. Her primary duty is to greet passengers and the position comes with a stationmaster's hat; in lieu of a salary, the railway provides Tama with free cat food.



It'll be a wish come true if I get to ride on this spectacular trains. Rides will be no more dull and boring with a bunch of stinking passengers surrounding you.

Now, who's in with me?

3 comments:

HairyBerry said...

i can guide you around tokyo and osaka. ;D go in autumn for the red leaves. or spring for the cherry blossoms.

but yeah, the air tix is damn expensive nowadays. those days, it only cost RM1200, inclusive of tax! sigh....

Live2Talk said...

Now I know who to contact for my trip to the "Land of Rising Sun" :) Those were the days my friend *sigh* for cheap air tix ...

Live2Talk said...

Jackson: I so agree with you :D