Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Which Animal Are You?



Recently I went for an interview (just because I'm new at my job, 2 months to be exact, doesn't mean that I cannot attend another interview right?) I'm not going to bore you with standard-boring questions but what I find most amusing is this section ...

Interviewer: May I know which year you were born? (while looking at my application from)
Me: 19XX
Interviewer: Er what I meant is which animal sign?
Me: Oh ok ... I'm a tiger.
Interviewer: Oh I see ... the reason I asked is because my boss is a Hongkie so he's very particular on this feng shui thing. (she actually wrote down the word 'tiger' next to the year)
Me: Right! (trying to mimic the Brits accent here)

As a Chinese I can understand that feng shui artifact and predictions for the year is important to most chinese bosses, but I've absolutely no idea you have to go through all this crap in hiring a staff! I'm not talking about some small time business here but a listed company on the stock exchange!


In this case, I strongly suggest that a copy of the Chinese zodiac compatibility chart be given to the HR Manager for easy reference. Does that mean all the staff are hired based on their zodiac compatibility to suit the boss's animal instinct?


Potential Employee #1
His/her animal sign is very good with the boss. The perfect combination! But stammer during the whole interview and can't even answer simple question.

Potential Employee #2
His/her animal sign is the least compatibility with the boss. But has a record of high performance.

So the question here is: which animal to hire?

As for myself, I'll keep you updated if I'm being shortlisted for a second interview with the HK tai lou (big brother) =^..^=

5 comments:

Precious Pea said...

LOL!! All the best!!! I hope HK Big Brother loves tigeressss!! ROARR!!!!

.:: Ant ::. said...

Tai lou won't stop at juz two employees. He'll go for best compatibility, high performance.... and lowest neckline and shortest skirt! weeeeeee

+Ant+

Live2Talk said...

PP: Er what if he's a piggy? What if he 'pan g sek lou fu' (disguise as pig eat tiger) :P

Anton: Speak from the boss point of view, Mr Bossy?

David Firepig said...

Waw, interesting!!! I'm looking for your update to see how your interview going :)

Btw you can check out my site for daily horoscope, may be the interview day is the lucky day for you ;)

Have a nice day and great interview!!!

http://www.onlinechineseastrology.com/

Live2Talk said...

David: Welcome to my blog and thanks for your comment :) Interesting site you have there and I'll definitely check it out more often. Have a great day!