Thursday, March 15, 2007

Lips therapy


Ok I admit I’m obsessed with lipsticks. Seriously obsessed! I almost lost count how many times I apply lipstick in a 8-hours working day. My colleague once did a count for me but at end of the week she also gave up! That’s why I need to do one entry specially on lipsticks! I’ve @ least 10 different lipsticks, lip gloss and lip balms in my procession, not many but can do for now la (can last up to 3 months).


Women have been using lipstick since 5000 years ago. If you watched those Chinese period drama, you’ll notice that women insert small pieces of red paper between their lips and press them tight to get the colors. Talk about creativity when comes to makeup!


If you are buying a lipstick, most of the sales girl will try it on the back of your hand but this is not accurate. Lipstick applied on the hand is not the same as on the lips as our lips color is pinkish. Instead, try in on the fingertips as the color on the skin is the closest match to our lips.


Never try the lipstick (tester) on our lips, as we don’t know if the previous person who tested it wipes her mouth after eating char kway teow 10 minutes ago! Euwww ...


Apply overnight lip balm to the lips before going to bed at night. You will feel the lips softer and smoother in the morning. But keep this in mind if you share the bed with your man, apply only after the good nite kiss! No man will stand the stickiness and it will turn them off immediately! (They just don't get it so don't even bother to explain!). In another words, grab for your man and his muacks muacks before going for the lip balm!


Brush softly the lips with a toothbrush to get rid of the dead skin. (please don't treat our lips as the toilet bowl and scrub like we don't need to wash it tomorrow)


Use a lip balm before applying any lipstick as this will help to protect and moisturize our lips. Add lip gloss to make the lips look sexy! The lip gloss and lipsticks colors can be mixed. Try using different colors and I don't mean mix red gloss with green lipstick (we are not being poisoned here!) Brownish red lipstick goes well with a nude lip gloss or a plum gloss on top of a pinkish lipstick.


Pour some water on a tissue to wipe off the lipstick (preferably warm water if you are in the office/house). This will help to get rid of the lipstick and leave your lips smooth and soft. (Chawanmushi anyone?)


Buy lipstick from reputable brands and not some cheapalak $9.90 from places like Sinma! I've received emails that wearing lipstick (specific brands only) will cause cancer and I never believe any of that crap! If yes, then most of the women out there should be dead by now! Duh!


And lastly, please throw away those lipstick which you have been keeping for the last 5-years! Everything has an expiry date and can't last forever.

7 comments:

Precious Pea said...

You should take a picture of your kissable lips and post it up. I bring camera tomorrow ok?

Live2Talk said...

Precious Pea,
Should I go natural or do the ma yun cheong ala Shu Qi stye?

Anonymous said...

Advice from me to u
Beutiful lips with sincere heart will make u a perfect person!!!

Live2Talk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Live2Talk said...

Anonymous,
Nobody is perfect and definitely not me. Thank you for your advice.

Anonymous said...

I can definitely certify that this gal got one shiny pair of lips..always sparkle with a layer of gloss and you just can take your eyes of them...for that reason itself I was tempted to invest in lip gloss but alas! unfortunately the result is far off..guess it takes lots of practice and skill to make it right

Live2Talk said...

Anoymous @ YP,
Thank you for your compliment. Practise makes perfect my dear. That's why I put on the lipstick 5 times in a day :D Buy a good lip gloss and you'll see the difference.