Sunday, June 10, 2007

Does shrimp & pork go together?

As I've not done any cooking in May (largely due to laziness), so I decided to cook a dish today. The idea came from a TV show and I've added my own recipe to it. This dish is called "Mini Shrimp Porky Chop".

Ingredients:
Shrimps
Pork

Seasoning:
Chopped garlic
Chopped shallots
Chopped ginger
Chopped parsley
Soya sauce
Oyster sauce
Pepper
Sesame Oil
Egg white


The ingredients


The paste

Cut the pork into small pieces, and then chopped it until the meat sticks together. Add in the shrimp which has also been chopped to small pieces. Blend them together and add in the seasoning. I marinated for 15 minutes before pan fried them.


The result

The verdict:
My dad tried and commented that the meat doesn't stick together. He also said that the meat not salty enough. He gave me a 3/10 score.

My sister commented that the meat doesn't taste like pork at all but it smells good when it was cooking in the pan.

I said ... need further improvement. Not very tasty and the meat is quite hard. This is probably due to lack of pork fats in the meat. Also I used more pork than shrimp. It should be the other way instead. Marination time should be extended longer.

Well, at least I tried although the end result is not very satisfying. I think for the June's quota, I'm going to do a dessert. Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Precious Pea said...

GOOD EFFORT. Never mind, from the look of it, i give you 5 points.

Live2Talk said...

PP,
Thanks. Sorry didn't bring for u to taste err embarrassed la and left overnite lagi not nice one :(

Anonymous said...

Menu for June : BuburChaCha!!!
Remember to tabau for me okie.....^..^

Live2Talk said...

Fong Fong,
Err overnite cha-cha can ah? I put in the fridge la :P

Anonymous said...

Boleh boleh. After chilled lagi sedap oh!! But don put too much of santan stomach tak boleh tahan minyak..^.^