Friday, June 15, 2007

Let's Make A Difference

Last year when I first started blogging, I did an entry on World Vision here. I mentioned that I've signed up the World Vision Child Sponsorship Programme. The child I sponsored for RM50/month is from Myanmar and her name is Smile Chit Su and she is 9-year old.

Few days ago, I received her annual progress report and a recent picture of herself from World Vision Myanmar.


Su ... peace

Su's progress report


Su's drawing for me



My best friend, Jennifer made a special request on her birthday this month. She wants me to use the money spend on her birthday present to do something meaningful instead. So I bought some books and small gifts for Su as an encouragement for her to study hard and believe that she can achieve her dreams of becoming a teacher when she grows up. (Jen, Happy Birthday)


My gifts for Su


Inside 'Lissy's Friends'


Inside 'My Bumper Animal Colouring Book'


I also bought some cute stickers and a box of colour pencils as well


World Vision is not some charity NGOs who ask you for a $10 but only donate $1 to charity and keep the rest of $9. World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.


There are many unfortunate children in this world who needs our assistance so that they will get the basic necessity such as clean water, food and basic education.


Yes, all of us have our own commitments but if you come to think about it ... sometimes we just spent the RM50 without knowing it, probably on food, clothes, shoes, make-up and etc. But it will be more meaningful if we can contribute the money to help the less fortunate. The money can be deducted through your credit card or send a cheque directly to World Vision Malaysia.


I pledge to do more in my ability to help. I have signed up to be a volunteer and sponsor for one more child (details in my next entry). I do hope that you will consider signing up for the programme even if you are not a Christian because this is not about religion but how we can help a child to overcome poverty with a small amount.

Or you can choose any charity organization which you feel most comfortable with, please go ahead. The world can be a better place to live if we all do our part in helping in a small way.

Thank You in advance for your generosity and God Bless You!

No comments: