Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My Encounter with a Star


I saw Myolie Wu 胡杏儿 today! Face to face ... less than 3 feet away from me! If you watch Hong Kong TVB series, you will know her. Myolie is one of my favorite Hong Kong TV actress.

The story goes like this ... my colleague who is handling events has been invited by One World Hotel for a tour at the hotel today. With another colleague, she asked me to tagged along.

The lady from the hotel informed us that a Hong Kong star is arriving and staying at One World. She doesn't know her name but before we can ask for more details ... Myolie Wu was walking towards us from the main entrance. Her entourage from Hong Kong was surrounding her and staff from the hotel was surrounding her as well.

So we make way to allow her to pass. She was wearing a knitted hat and sunnies and holding a bouquet of flowers. No I didn't jump or shout her name but trying very hard to keep my cool.

We thought the 1 minute incident will be over but when we are touring the hotel, the room we are suppose to check out is also on the same floor she is staying. I saw her came out of her room and stood near the elevator with 2 of her entourage. She was waiting for her assistant to pack something from her room. She has to attend an interview at the hotel club.

Myolie looks so pretty up close and tall only wearing a 2" heel boot. Her skin is so smooth and fair and she is just wearing minimum make-up. She is one of those people who doesn't look quite stunning on screen but absolutely pretty in person.

We are the only strangers there and she was a bit shy when we walked pass her. I'm struggling with my emotion not to rush up and shake her hand or ask for her autograph. I only managed to say a polite 'Hi' to her (err I also shy la) ... She also replied a 'Hi' to me!

I wanted so desperately to have a picture taken with her but I feel it's not very nice to disturb her. So we continued our tour after the encounter.


2006 - when she has to put on extra 'meat' to film 'To Grow With Love', a series adapted from Bridget Jones's Diary and became the spokesperson for a slimming company after the production ended


This is Myolie's profile:
English Name:
Myolie Wu

Chinese Name:
胡杏儿
Cantonese/Mandarin
Name: Wu Hang Yee / Hu Xing Er
Nickn
ame: My Lo My or Myo

Date of Birth
: November 6, 1979

Place of Birth:
Hong Kong

Zodiac Sign
: Sheep

Horoscope
: Scorpio

Height:
1.69m (5'7 ft)

Weight:
47kg

Family:
Parents, grandmother, two older sisters, and a Japanese step-mother
Pets: 9 cats

Language
: Cantonese, Mandarin, English and a little Japanese

Education
: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (Biochemistry major)

Showbiz Entrance:
Miss Hong Kong 1999 Pageant (2nd Runner Up)

Pageant Entrance age:
19


I'm so happy today.


2 comments:

Precious Pea said...

Aiyoooooo...what a waste. I should have went with you girls...i sure go and ask her to take a pic with me. Aiyoooo...waste waste waste!

Live2Talk said...

PP: Sometimes its fate also count ... err maybe next time la ;)