Sunday, September 23, 2007

2-in-1

Thanks to the my family and friends who keep reminding me that my 12-new dishes in a year cooking resolution is still pending. So here's the 2 items for July and August which I managed to cook within 2 hours on a Sunday morning ...

Fruity Jelly
Ingredients:
Jelly powder mix
Kiwi
Korean grapes
Coloring

Method:
Pour the mix into boiling water, stir until dissolved. Add in 2 drops of apple green coloring and pour into the mould which contains pieces of grapes and kiwis. Chilled for 2 - 3 hours and the jelly is ready for dessert.








Note: I never make any jelly in my life until now ...

******
Tom Yam Goong
Ingredients:
Medium sized prawns
Oyster mushrooms
Lemon grass
Kaffir lime leaves (thanks Mrs S, for the leaves)
Cili Padi (bird eyes chili)
Lime (for the juice)

Method:
Bring water to boil and add lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves and cili padi. Let them simmer for 5 - 6 minutes. Add in prawns, mushrooms, red chili, lime juice, seasoning and let it cook for a while. I've to add the Thai fish sauce and chili paste to perfect the taste but I can't find both seasoning so this is more like my-style of tom yam goong.

Overall taste is very spicy due to the cili padi and somehow it doesn't have the 'kick' like those served in the authentic Thai restaurant. But then again, if I can cook like a chef I wouldn't be struggling now ... wouldn't I?





2 comments:

Precious Pea said...

Great job fren! For the tom yum, essential ingredient is the fish sauce, it really makes a great difference to the soup. Why never ask from me?

Live2Talk said...

PP: I thought of using the one u gave me last time but when I checked, it has become 'fart moe' oledi :(