Thursday, June 12, 2008

If you call this a date ...

I’m not going to give any boring details on a first date with this dude. In brief, we went for lunch then watched some Narnia movie and he sent me home. No chemistry. End of story.

Here comes the exciting second date with him (please bear with me this is a long one) …


He asked if I would like to watch ‘Kung Fu Panda’ and I said ‘why not?’ As I can’t secure any seats online even though it’s 3 days before the show date (apparently all seats have been allocated before the online reservation starts, how’s that for efficiency?).


Anyway I told him we have to get tickets from the counter and agreed to meet @ Pavilion and whoever reached there first can buy. I reached Pavilion @ 12 noon. Called him. He’s still in his office sorting out some stuff. He claims he will ‘fly’ over soon. I will buy the tickets I said. What time I asked … he said try the 2.15 pm show. So I end up queuing for 1/2 hour and paid RM24 for the tickets.


I think somehow he crashed his ‘heli’ because he obviously didn’t ‘fly’ to Pavilion as promised. He showed up only @ 1.30 pm!

Scene: Times bookstore

Me: *browsing a book*
Him: *came over to where I was standing* Wah … so knowledgeable ah?
Me: *did not look up* Ya … you were late so you have to buy lunch
Him: *no respond*
Me: *looked up, looked left and turn right and he was nowhere in sight!* (there’s a couple standing not far from me must be thinking I’m crazy or something talking to myself!) How embarrassing!!!

I waited for a good 5 mins before he showed up from somewhere inside Times.

Me: *quite pissed by now* Are we going to grab a bite before the movie starts?
Him: *mumbling* I need to check out something (and off he went inside again)


I was left standing there again like a fool … so I tried to keep myself occupied by browsing some books and guess what? I picked up Jamie Oliver’s new cookbook. BIG MISTAKE! My stomach was performing live band while looking all the delicious food spread across my eyes!

He finally finished checking whatever he’s trying to checked and decided that he wants lunch. A quick lunch he said because time is running out.

Scene: Wong Kok Char Charn Teang

Me: What are you having?
Him: *looked at the menu, grabbed the order form and ticked his food without even have the courtesy to ask me first!*
Me: …

[ I had pork chop rice and he had … whatever ]

Him: *mumbling and shaking his head at the same time about the increase of fuel price and everything will go up and stuff*
Me: So are you one of those idiots who caused massive traffic jams everywhere because of the RM2.70 per liter fuel price?
Him: Yes … and I waited from 7.00 pm to 11.30 pm to filled up my tank
Me: *shocked and rolled my eyes* Why do you want to waste your time like that? How much can you save?
Him: No … it’s a big difference one … must fill up the tank then only worth it
Me: *gawd* So you should consider yourself lucky la because you only drive a MyV?
Him: *mumbling again and God knows what*


By this time he was eating @ 220km/h because he probably doesn’t want to miss the cinema advertisements! I said there’s still time (everyone knows that if the movie time is 2.15 pm the show never starts until 2.30 pm … duh!).

So, I basically have to forced the food down my throat! Lost my appetite instantly.

Him: So where are you planning to go for your holiday this year?
Me: I’ll probably go to Hanoi
Him: Wow …
Me: Err what’s so ‘wow’ about going Hanoi? It’s not like I’m going to US or Europe?
Him: It’s not the country that matters … it’s about going overseas
Me: Huh? But you can also go overseas …
Him: *shake his head* No no no … I won’t go overseas
Me: Err why?
Him: Because there are earthquake, natural disaster everywhere and it’s not safe to travel
Me: *i was like WTF* But it doesn’t happen everywhere … even if Sichuan have earthquake but cities like Shanghai and Beijing are not affected ma …
Him: No … I’m not going anywhere ... it's safer to stay back in Malaysia
Me: … (can you believe this fella? is his thinking shallow or what?)

After galloping down his food, he has the guts to said “aiyah this time I treat you la”. Duh! We went in the cinema @ 2.00 pm and waited for the advertisements to roll!

Scene: After the show, 4.00 pm.

Him: I need to get a haircut @ Sg Wang … where will you be?
Me: *huh haircut?* Err I’ll hang around Pavilion to buy some stuff
Him: Ok I’ll come and look for you once I’m done with my haircut
Me: Erm sure … call me la


Tell me folks, would you leave your friend in a middle of an outing for a haircut? Gosh this sucks!


Anyway, I did some shopping. Bought a funny book and enjoyed a cup of mocha @ Starbucks.


And I waited ... and waited. I waited for 2 bloody hours!!! He never show up. He never call. Finally I drove home at 6.20 pm feeling pissed and turned into a female version of the Hulk! (He called only 3 days later, when I'm in the middle of my company AGM. I never answer.)


When I told my best friend about this, she laughed and said that she prayed the right man will come along into my life soon and the lousy ones will move along quickly. Well I guess God did answer her prayers. Thank you Lord for the sign.

Lesson learned - never ever believe what you see in a person on a first date. The true personality will only appear later.


One thing for sure … NO MORE 3rd date and I’m definitely NOT WATCHING THE INCREDIBLE HULK WITH HIM if he ever calls again for movie.


Conclusion, 'Kung Fu Panda' is hilarious (highly recommended) but the companion sucks! My sister called him an ‘idiotic jerk’. What say you folks?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your sis is right.... this fellow don't fit to go on a date...but as you said, good lesson learned. I am sure you will find your Mr Right soon... good luck!!

Precious Pea said...

Haha..well, at least now when someone ask you if you ever have a memorable date, he top the list lor!

Live2Talk said...

Kavi: Thanks girl :) fingers crossed.

PP: Oh ya babe definitely!

HairyBerry said...

"never ever believe what you see in a person on a first date. The true personality will only appear later."...hmm, does that mean you are giving that guy a second chance ar? hehehe...

i tell you, this is one of the strangest posts i read this week. so kesian lar you! next one will be much better, i'm sure ;)

Live2Talk said...

Nic: That's the 2nd date and 2nd chance. So no more on this guy ... he's one of a kind. Are all the good guys either attached or gay?

edmund said...

seems like you have had a hard day..Troubles are like washing machine; They twist, turn & knock us around, but in the end we come out brighter than before... Have a sparkling day!

Live2Talk said...

Edmund: Thanks for your comments and those encouraging words. I'm sure the good guys will come around soon :) Have a nice day yourself. Cheers!

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

wahlau eh...how can dis person screw up a date that bad ar...im sure the nxt person should HEAPS better..bcoz the fellow set std so low..

Live2Talk said...

Joe: He's an idiot that's what he is! I've never come across any guys who behaved like him until now, well not when they are having a date with me ... but I know my next date will be soooo much better :)

Yong said...

Well...no comments....this guy jeopardise our image....really (........), just wonders how his frens cope it....a nightmare for all ladies out there......Anyway dun be so upset on it....looks at a brighter side of it....Cheers

Live2Talk said...

Yong: Hey thanks for visiting :) Anyway, there are jerks out there who put a shame on guys. No worries, I'm so over him and waiting for the next gentleman.

Anonymous said...

When am I expecting your post on the piano festival thingy?? Dont take too long ya....

Live2Talk said...

YP @ Anon: I'm working on it la give me some time ler.