Monday, June 23, 2008

Her latest gadget



I've been wanting to get my hands on this since the launched but have been struggling with the decision until now. Why now? I'm not sure myself. I was looking at some Apple products yesterday @ Machines KLCC and before my brain can analysis on the purchase, my heart has taken over the job and the next thing I knew I was paying for it :O


Finally ... I bought my first iPod. The new iPod Nano.


Weighting at a mere 1.74 ounces (49.2 grams), it feels so light when you held it. The sleek body of the new iPod Nano is just 2.75 inches in height and 2.06 inches in width. I don't know about you folks but I think it's cool :) It's even better in design than the 1st generation Nano.

There are 2 models, the 4GB (1,000 songs) or 8GB (2,000 songs). You can save up to 3,500 and 7,000 photos respectively (yep, even your 'Edison Chen' wannabe shots but make sure nobody get their hands on your iPod). Data can also be stored via USB flash drive.


It comes with a 2-inch (diagonal) liquid crystal display with blue-white LED backlight with a 320 x 240 resolution which makes images sharper and brighter.


You just need to download iTunes and it will automatically sync all the music and videos. The iPod Nano supports audio formats AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV and MPEG4 video in either MOV, MP4, or M4V file formats, with a maximum resolution of 640 x 480 at as much as 30 frames per second.

battery playback
If you are one of those nuts who thinks that 3-hours of sleep is enough, then the built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery allows you to play 24 hours of music and 5 hours of video when fully charged. So you can listen to the tunes when the whole world is sleeping at 3.00 am in the morning.

For more details on the features, go here.

I wanted to buy the cool blue but the 4GB model only comes in silver. Anyway, I'm still happy with my choice.


The casing is a separate buy and cost me a bomb on top of the iPod Nano. Can I be less tech savvy or ... never mind.

Now I'm officially broke. Till my next pay cheque ...

8 comments:

HairyBerry said...

it's a very user-friendly gadget but lacked the one thing that i have to have...radio.

then again, if one has a handphone with a built-in radio, i guess it's ok then.

have fun with the pod! ;)

Live2Talk said...

Nic: Thanks, I definitely will gonna have fun with it. You have an iPod too?

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

definitely need one..dying of boredom in the gym..my old ipod is skipping when i jog..time to change..

nic: can tambah item for radio mah..

Live2Talk said...

Joe: You should get one, more so with the new promotion :) Congrats!

HairyBerry said...

live2talk, nope, dun have one. i got one a few years back. just for the sake of experimentation. has been using my all-in-one faithful nokia ever since...hehe

joe, ya, can tambah. but i feel it's tad too expensive lah. might as well get a music phone. then again, if you use it for the gym, a phone would be too heavy lar...hehehe

Live2Talk said...

Nic: Glad to know that you are such a faithful Nokia user :) Used to owned a few Nokia(s) long time ago but now using Sony Ericsson.

Anonymous said...

I'm still using my old generation Nano...but it's still nice, I guess. (jealous)

Live2Talk said...

LL: The previous Nano is not bad looking but I prefer this one :)