Monday, January 19, 2009

A Taste of Taiwan


Once a while, I'll post up something on food. I seldom do it because I'm not a pro ... unlike her who can really cook up a delicious feast or him who can really write a masterpiece just by chewing a piece of chicken! Darn! They are good ^_^

Fong Lye Taiwanese Restaurant. I heard so much about the food here, so I invited a friend to accompany me. The place was packed! Recession? What's that? A new dish name?

It has a variety of set meals and ala carte order.


Every chinese family will tell you this ... soup is important. All the 'goodness' can be found in a bowl of good soup. The carrot soup they serve is very clear (almost tasteless) but still I finished till the last drop.


All set meals come with side dishes as this, peanut with anchovies coated with sugar, fried prawn ball and long beans.


No chinese meal is complete without the rice. And if you dine in Fong Lye, it even has minced meat on top. It's good just to eat the minced meat rice alone. Sometimes a simple meal can warm the stomach.


3 cup chicken (三杯鸡), very flavourable with a taste of sweetness. Portion is huge for 1 person to consume so it's always wise to share :)


Slices of beef stir-fry in ginger and onion leaves. The beef was tender but the taste is norm.

Overall, the food is good and I'll not hesitate to go back again to taste another round of taiwanese cuisine or maybe I should drop by Taiwan for the real deal :D

6 comments:

.:: Ant ::. said...

Oooooo I love anything which is stir-fried with lots of ginger and shallots.

Ms. Live turning to food blogging? ^_^

+Ant+

Live2Talk said...

Anton: Highly recommended by me :) err no lah, no inspiration so turned to food lor ... for now ^^

Precious Pea said...

You should try their outlet in Sri Hartamas (near Devi's corner) for ala carte dishes. Very yummy! Ooo..you didn't try their dessert? Peanut shaved ice very very nice!! Taiwan?? When when??? Me keen (raising hand high up!)

Live2Talk said...

PP: I've no idea they have an outlet there but will give it a try. If you keen Taiwan, then we can arrange to go together :)

HairyBerry said...

the beef noodle's kinda good too! love the soup. check it out! ;)

Live2Talk said...

nic: thanks for the recommendation, will check it ... soon :P