Monday, December 25, 2006

Mobile phones

I’m absolutely crazy about mobile phones. Here's a recall of all the mobile phones which I owned before.


Nokia 3210
: my first Nokia phone given by my ex-bf in 1997


Nokia 3310 : given by the same ex-bf in 1999


Nokia 8250 : exchanged with a friend for my 3310 as the keypad is too small for his hand


Nokia 6610: My first color phone where my ex-bf signed up DiGi 2-year plan in exchange with this phone but in the end not worth it, so I sold it to my ex-boss and got the money for a new phone in 2003. Ya I broke up with my him the same year but informed him about selling the phone as it's still his property.

Oh ya I was a Nokia fan all along.

I went to Hong Kong in 2003 with Ivy and met up with her friend Winnie who owned a Samsung S300 and immediately made a decision to get the same phone back home. The only reason is that the LCD screen can be used as a mirror when the phone is not in use.


Samsung S300: My first clamshell phone bought by me.

But soon, everybody is so into camera phones and I suddenly discovered that Sony Ericsson really have some fantastic phones after the merger (between the ever chunky-ugly Ericsson and Sony). I read some good reviews on the SE phones so decided to get myself a camera phone in 2004.

Sony Ericsson K5001: My first camera and video recording phone (I traded-in my Samsung for this ... can't get much at that time 'sigh'). And I'm no longer a Nokia fan after I bought this phone.

By then a new trend has emerged, all the bluetooth, walkman phone, etc etc. So to keep up with ever changing trends, I'm 'forced' by my inner desire to change my phone again(ya excuse excuse all excuses)!

Sony Ericsson W550i: My first walkman and current phone


So far, I've tried Nokia, Samsung and SE. Nokia is very conservative in their design but no doubt some of their features are quite good like those N-series. And the prices is damn high if compare to the same type of phone by other brands.

But somehow I just don't like Motorola. It's not very user friendly and you need to click here and there to get a simple task completed.

The other one that is now hot in the market is Dopod but not sure how good they are as they are still new in the market. As for others like Alcatel, BenQ-Siemens, LG, Panasonic, etc, er I think I'll give them a miss.

As for my next phone, not sure yet. But I love to get one of these - iPod Nano.

2 comments:

Precious Pea said...

Get a bf soon and sure you will be a proud ipod nano in no time. Hehe!

Live2Talk said...

Ya you are absolutely rite there my dear ... say u introduce some super duper rich sui yu lah!