Tuesday, December 19, 2006

A worthy Christmas Musical



I went to watch a Christmas Musical by Metro Tabernacle A/G last Friday (15/12/06) at Hotel Flamingo. Thanks to my colleague, Simone who asked me to tag along as her friend and husband has invited her to watch the production.


"Word on the Street"
is a musical that blends a poignant drama of love with live music and energetic dances. This Christmas production reframes the biblical story of Joseph and Mary in a modern era. From happy dreams of engagement to an unjust charge of unfaithfulness, it takes us on a journey that reveals how God works in extraordinary ways using ordinary people. With God’s love, all fears and doubts can be conquered. With God’s love, all things are possible.

The program started with christmas carols. I absolutely love the band aka the musicians. They are a bunch of creative individuals who can really jammed up a good song. Have you sing 'Joy to the World' in rock version! How cool can that be?




After the welcome speech, the musical took place. It's very different from the normal christmas musical as the production team have come up with some pretty interesting ideas to bring the message across to the audience.


The cast did an excellent job portraying each character in the bible. I especially love the Angel named Gabriel. He is so cool as an Angel. No he doesn't have the 'ring' on top of his head or wings. Hmm lets see he's like Will Smith in 'Hitch' ha ha ha. But seriously I love that guy's acting and how I wish the Angel assigned to look after me is just like him (if there's any)!




Overall the whole musical was good. Their targeted audience this time is more towards young people and I believe that God has already leave an impression in their heart. I truly enjoyed myself and looking forward to more exciting production in the future.

Anyway, you can visit their website @ http://christmas.metrotab.org to check out the details.

No comments: