Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Moment of Celebration


This morning I woke up feeling great.

The sky is clear with enough clouds and rays of sunshine. Ah ... the beauty of nature.

The train for once is punctual and have ample place to stand during peak hours (err chinese new year holiday already here meh?)


The cabs was lining up when I arrived at the station (a rare sight).


The morning breakfast of caramel macchiato turns out perfect and the raisin bread melts in my mouth.


Bumped into my boss while having lunch alone and he paid for it :)


I was born on this date, on a certain year (don't ask, I'll not let you know the 'secret') .

A colleague told me that she won't live past 69. How does she knows? She consulted some palm reader. I can sensed her unhappiness when she said it. The look of sorrow was not hidden well behind a smile.

How do you expect your life to out? Are you one of those people who will pay a palm reader to tell you how to live your life? Or do you want to discover the adventure along the way? I personally prefer the latter option, definitely more exciting. Everybody passed through stages in their life experiencing ups and downs, joys and tears. Me no exception, this is how I see it ...


It's good if you excel academically but never stop learning no matter at what age (just so that you know, my results never associate with flying colors). Gosh there are so little I know and so much to learn.


Never discriminate, learn to forgive and forget, and accept criticism. To respect every race for their culture and beliefs. We are all citizen of the world and I pray that one day we will live in a harmony and peaceful world without throwing shoes.


Slaving ourselves for 10 straight hours everyday is not the way. Go for a break/holiday when you feel work is suffocating you. And for goodness sake, try to cut down on the working hours once in a while will ya! (when your colleagues/boss knock-off at 6.00 pm for happy hours and you are still calculating the taps on your keyboard ... this is not a good sign!)


Yes, we work our butt off to sustain our lifestyles, but contributing back to the community and help in our little ways (time/money) will make us a happier person.



Our family is not to be taken for granted. Parents are brought up from a different era and they don't see things the way we do. Patience and understanding with a lot of love will make the home the warmest place on earth.


We don't need to have a lot of friends. Just enough to warm our hearts and stand by our side (I can never thank my dear friends enough)


Never stop searching for your soul mate (straight or otherwise is your choice and I respect that), he/she is out there. A person who willing to share your joy and sorrows and to stand by your side even if the sky tumbles down. Love each other unconditionally with trust and respect.


I don't believe in following trends blindly. Each of us are born with a unique set of DNA, which includes own identity and personality. It's not a welcome sight to see the next 5 person you meet on the street wearing the almost identical outfit! err quintuplets?


Do you have a dream? We all should have dreams. Who knows? It might come true ... remember this 3 words: LAW. OF. ATTRACTION. (mine is backpack in different countries, experience different culture)


Don't invite worries as your sleeping partner or you might as well stay awake all night. Read a book and have a good sleep. (please don't disturb moi, I need to zzz ...)


There's a PC game called 'Diner Dash' and it's about a waiter who dash from one table to another serving customer and you score according to the completed levels. But please don't be a "human dash". Stop for a moment, sit back, observe the surrounding and see if we miss out anything. (anyone interested in a cup of Starbucks coffee will know my number ya)


Signing up for gym membership is good if you are really into exercise and not just to parade your latest gear and make eye contact with that gym instructor. A healthy lifestyle balance between moderate exercise and healthy food (and it's absolutely okay to indulge in the doctor-don't-approve-kind-of-food once a while, detox later).


Okay, enough of my life as I see it for now. I'll be heading home for a warm meal with my family tonight, reason being ... I don't have a date on my birthday! Can you believe it?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Nic... hope you will have a great time with your family to night...

Precious Pea said...

Birthday should be spent with family over a hearty meal. Don't complain, i bet there is a good bowl of soup waiting for you at home. We feast next week ok?

Happy Birthday once again!

Live2Talk said...

Kavi: Thanks dear I'll enjoy it :)

PP: No need bet. My sister already text me about the soup thingy meal with red eggs ;P

.:: Ant ::. said...

Lets meet up for a cuppa at Starbucks then, since our din is off! ^_^

+Ant+

Live2Talk said...

Anton: Sure, let me know when :)

Precious Pea said...

Wow! Got red eggs somemore??? Lucky you. I can't even remember when i last had my red egg for my birthday!