Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Singapore Experience: Part 3 - Food, Drink & Shop


Let's start this entry with a taste of Singapore.


The original Hainanese Chicken Rice - this might look norm but it's really good, especially the aroma of the rice with the smooth chicken meat ... so much better than the typical chicken rice!


Hokkien Prawn Noodle - a personal favorite when I first tasted it :P


Popiah - i like the Malaysian version better


Singapore Char Kway Teow - i never tasted a sweet version of char kway teow until now and it tastes funny and I can't finish the noodles


Singapore Laksa - full of coconut milk flavor but lack the ummphh of chili paste


Fried Carrot Cake - quite plain to my taste


I heard the Singaporeans love japs food and we tried some of the ramen at this shop near Orchard Road. Not many seats and choice of food but they said the soup is boiled for 8-hours without any MSG.

My Singaporean friend also invited me for lunch at Sushi Tei at Ngee Ann City. Love the food there and it's reasonable too if you are earning Singapore dollar! (thanks Chris for lunch)


We had our Christmas dinner at Brewerkz, facing the Clarke Quay waterfront, highly recommended by my cousin.


Crab Pasta - not sure what is the greeny thick sauce but this is too filling if consume alone


BBQ Pork Ribs - this is good stuff but need to be shared


Sausages with mash potato - not very interesting, taste wise

Have a Cuppa
When my cousin told us that she's bringing us to have nice coffee when we are down in Singapore, I welcomed the idea with excitement.

I feel in love with tcc (the coffee connoisseur) when I took that sip of Choco Rummin'. They have variety of coffee selection and food. Too bad I didn't get the chance to visit their outlet for a second time >.< (Gerald, next time ya)


tcc outlet in Plaza Singapura


Iced Kaffello Latte - iced coffee with coffee jelly


Azuki Coffee Cooler - coffee with a layer of special red beans


Choco Rummin' - bliss of chocolate cookie laced with golden rum and espresso


The Deep Blue Pack - a selection of seafood served with a tangy mayo dip, this is perfect for sharing


Spice Chic - pieces of fried chicken fillet, nothing spicy about the meat ... not recommended


Another interesting coffee joint in Singapore is the Coffee Club. Before our departure, we tried out their coffee and dessert at Vivocity.


Macademia Nut Toffee - interesting combination but I can't feel the macademia taste


Iced rambutan - nothing special about this drink, taste more like lychee smoothies


Muddy Mud Pie - this is actually cappuccino and chocolate ice cream covered with oreos

A special thanks to harryberry who provided me a whole list of what and where to eat in Singapore!

Shop, Shop, Shop

The shopping spree was tiring but I think we boosted up the Singapore economy with the rest of the shoppers in that few days of visit. In total, we bought 7 pairs of Charles & Keith on sale heels which you can't find in the Pavilion KL outlet. A number of shirts from G2000 at S$29.00 per piece and some other stuff.


This is all I bought - 1 pair of sunnies, bag, shoe and a crystal tee all under S$150. Nice? Please say yes ^^

With this final entry on my Singapore experience, I conclude in 4 words: I. WILL. BE. BACK!

8 comments:

Precious Pea said...

Seems you had a great fun down south..the food, the shopping, now you make me wanna go on holiday. Nice bag. How much?

Live2Talk said...

PP: It was fun except for the queue lah ;P The bag is from Charles & Keith, about S$45.00 after 20% discount! I found this in one of their outlet at Wisma Atria, Orchard Road :)

.:: Ant ::. said...

That plastic kofi cup looked so salah ..... but the rest of the kofi glasses looked nice.

Great to know you enjoyed kiasuland. My trips there are alwiz quick work-and-ciao. ^_^

+Ant+

Live2Talk said...

Anton: I captured the plastic cup shot is because of the wordings and that ah beng. You should spend some leisurely time in SG when you are fed up in Bolehland ;P

HairyBerry said...

glad you had a good time in singapore...lotsa places to explore in round two! ;)

Live2Talk said...

nic: definitely and thanks again for the list of food ... you are a gem :D

Anonymous said...

Hey Nicole, we discovered a nice chicken rica place over the weekend. Will take you there the next time you come visiting.

Live2Talk said...

Karen: must be one yummy version of SG chicken rice ... ya next time we will go :P thanks again for the hospitality.