Sunday, December 28, 2008

Singapore Experience: Part 1 - Christmas


I'll write about my Singapore experience in 3 parts. Yeah, I've that much to blog about for the 4 days/3 nites pleasure trip.


Me, sister and cousin boarded a coach in front of Corus Hotel at 9.00 am and arrived in Singapore Harbour Front by 2.00 pm on Christmas day.


The double-deck coach was comfortable with good seats, a pillow if you want to be a sleeping beauty waiting for Prince Ah Beng to rescue you, Subway sandwiches and coffee/tea of your choice. The only disappointed is their selection of movies. It sucks! Luckily I had my iPod and a good book with me :)


To get around Singapore, you just need to familiarize yourself with the MRT routes. Get yourself one of those EZ-link card and you can have unlimited rides on MRT/buses, to buy food and more (sometimes I wonder if Malaysia will ever catch up, no?).


Friends already pre-warned me that Singapore will be packed during Christmas.


I knew Orchard Road will have a human traffic jam but this is not what I had in mind o.O


You literally can't move very much in this situation.


People everywhere ... tourist and locals.


You can't even stop for a second to admire the decorations as people are pushing you around :(


Along Orchard Road, can't remember which building


Takashimaya Shopping Centre (TSC)


In front of Paragon entrance


Inside Paragon

My cousin sister said the Christmas deco this year is nothing to shout about but for me who never been to Singapore until now, I think there are some pretty impressive decorations.


I'm very grateful for my cousin, Siew Leng and her best friend, Karen for allowing us to accommodate at their place and took us around Singapore. A warm hug and big THANK YOU babes, for everything.

Also not forgetting my 2 Singaporean friends, Chris & Gerald for their hospitality when I agreed to meet up. Thanks guys for lunch and coffee and offered me your mobile phone when mine run out of credit! It's my pleasure to meet you both and 'see ya' on MSN (=^_^=)


Up next ... Sentosa Island and Night Safari.

2 comments:

.:: Ant ::. said...

Welcome back Sweets! ^_^

+Ant+

Live2Talk said...

Anton: It's good to be back but I kinda miss Singapore @ this moment ;P