Sunday, December 21, 2008

Pepper Lunch


Pepper Lunch(ペッパーランチ Peppaa-ranchi) is a popular japanese "fast-steak" restaurant franchised in Tokyo. There are over 200 restaurants in Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan, Singapore, USA, Australia, Indonesia, Thailand and the Philippines.

It has finally arrived at Pavilion Kuala Lumpur recently.

Beef from Australia and New Zealand, Norwegian Salmon, Japanese Curry are all seasoned with freshly ground black pepper and served on a metal hot plates, heated to 500 degrees Fahrenheit (260 Celsius). The meat can be eaten rare or well done, depending on the your preference.


Don't touch the plate! No kidding!


3 easy steps to cook it, you don't need a chef to do it


Combo Salmon & Chicken
The salmon is good but the chicken lack some chicken taste.


Combo Cut Steak & Hamburger
The hamburger is excellent but I think I've overdone on the steak.


Total bill for 2 person including soft drinks. Not exactly cheap for lunch but we had this for dinner ;P

For more info on their menu selection, visit Pepper Lunch Singapore English website as the original website is in Japanese.

8 comments:

.:: Ant ::. said...

I think I'll skip this outlet. These fast food stuff coming fm Jap seems weird to me. Dinner at that Jap pasta outlet at Sunway Pyramid was a turnoff.(tacky deco too, i may add)

Perhaps I'm a traditionalist. Pasta sld be best prepared by Italians. Japs sld stick to their sushis and sashimis :)

+Ant+

Live2Talk said...

Anton: So steak should be cooked by the kwai lohs lah :D but the food is ok.

Precious Pea said...

Friend, you turning into food blogger ar?? Hahaha...you lagi cepat than me leh. This has been lying in my draft box. I had the same thing you had and the beef strips were tough. Bad cut!

Live2Talk said...

PP: I can never be qualified as a food blogger ler! The beef strips very 'ngan' :(

Selba said...

Pepper lunch... yummy!!!

Looking the bill, I think the price in KL is a bit more expensive than in jakarta.

Live2Talk said...

Selba: Really? I guess it's probably location lah. Thanks for your comment and welcome to Live2Talk :)

Anonymous said...

I think it's quite an interesting concept of eating Japanese food. There are several jap restaurants & stalls at Pavilion all selling same stuff.

Tried their beef pepper rice with cheese last week. Very yummy - even better than Singapore, IMHO.

I agree prices not cheap, but reasonable compared to other resturants around there.

Live2Talk said...

nicolegal: i guess sometimes we need to be adventurous when come to food. You don't know if you don't try. Thanks for your comment and welcome to Live2Talk :)